Saturday 4 July 2009

tuesday's post

not 100% but I think I got up at about 8.35AM

Dinner 6.30PM
  • thats some very nice chips made with my favourite potatoes
  • and some kebabs from a catering company that over-catered and one of my mum's work things - they're chicken, green peppers and onions, I had one but the problem with them is that water from the onions and peppers and the fat from the chicken must have all mixed together because it seemed to coat the chicken which I didn't really go for
  • also got some vegetable samosas from the same catering thing - they were lovely in a way, not like proper ones, the outside wasn't like a shell, more like a dough-bread-soft corn-housing for the vegetables and I really enjoyed them
  • also got garlic naan bread
  • some humus
  • some mint raita which I got all over nearly everything
  • some cherry tomatoes which I love
  • spring onion which I didn't have
  • and some lettuce

4 comments:

Me said...

There is something about your family and their Arabic style flair. Very well played. This just makes my mouth water. Oh, yes.

i want one so badly said...

thanks orhan, always like your comments

I don't know what to say about the arabic thing - what do you actually think when you think of an arabic meal?

I always think of lots of little things, lots of plates, which I suppose is what a lot of my dad's meals are. It goes back to trying to make me eat something when I was little, theres not much pressure with all the plates - I rarely actually put chips on my plate, and almost never with crisps and I usually eat salad, if its in a seperate plate last.

Having it all layed out like that is really accomedating I think

Me said...

Arabic food is alot of small dishes in one, but it can also be alot of big dishes too.

Its more the presentation, just like you say, it is accomodating. Accessible and pretty. And absolutely everything is edible.

i want one so badly said...

I think thats what having a nice meal is about, has to be something accessible or I just can't lose my self in the meal

subconciously, I must care about presentation a lot but it mainly comes down to the whole ability to just start eating whatever I want at whatever pace I want and like you said, everything is edible