Sunday 19 April 2009

saturday's post

on saturday I got up at about 9.40AM

Dinner 6.50PM
  • this is trying something new in this meal, its shoulder of pork - thats half a shoulder shared between my dad and me - he used jamie oliver's recipe and sadly it didn't turn out as well as it should - the cut its self is really nice I think, once you get past all the fat, you've got really nice meat in there (it was cooked for about 6 hours) but we both think jamie olivers recipe wasn't really all that good, the cooking time wasn't really that good (apparently needed longer, i've never cooked pork, wouldn't know) and the thing was left with a lot of fat still coming off it, a lot of oily greasy fat left at the bottom too, I couldn't get near to finishing my half of the portion because it was just too big and overpowering
  • jamie oliver said make a sauce with bits left from the pan, this wasn't very nice at all, oily mess, and you can see from the sauce there - I think the meat will be lovely next time, but certainly not with that recipe
  • theres some lettuce there
  • that egg is for my mum
  • some bread from the deli, I had two bits of that I think, maybe one
  • some cucumber with a bit of oil on it
  • and some tomato with onion and a light oily kind of dressing
  • I didn't have any of the potato salad, I don't really go for it
  • those crisps are chili and cheese filipino ones I got from the asian supermarket in town - they are really quite nice, quite mild, not much flavour when they first hit your tongue but thats not a bad thing
  • its sunday now and I still feel kind of rough after this pork

No comments: