Sunday 5 April 2009

sunday's post

I got up at about 9.05AM on sunday




Dinner 6.35PM
  • thats roast beef which was lovely with lots of gravy on it
  • theres only a small portion of the leeks in white sauce there because I don't really like them much
  • the carrots were off so no-one ate those
  • theres broccoli
  • and a little bit of purple sprouting broccoli
  • some roast potatoes
  • and yorkshire puddings
  • theres before and after gravy
  • and I probably had about 5 tea spoons of that horse radish sauce, but possibly a lot more
  • this was one meal where I missed adding salt

4 comments:

Me said...

That there looks like a very traditional British/Australian meal. I would slam dance all over that with my cutlery, I tell you what! Love it.

i want one so badly said...

thanks bro, its very interesting to know you'd consider it a traditional australian meal - I suppose it makes perfect sense though.

Do you or did you ever have a regular sunday roast dinner?

Me said...

I'm Turkish/Australian so our Sunday lunches were very different. All in all that is one of the British traditions that never really lasted with actual Australian families. We are a BBQ culture.

i want one so badly said...

haven't had a BBQ in ages now I think about it

turkish, kurdish and australian?

so you looking at dolma and turkish delight cooked on a grill in the garden?? Thats all I could think of - all I can remember from a meal at a kurdish friends house was dolma and I like turkish delight so what? (I like dolma too I think)

That turkey you cooked looks wonderful, what did you season it with to get that colour?

I like that you can liquefy a chicken too, i've never gone past tomato soup.