Sunday 12 April 2009

special easter sunday's post

today I got up at about 9.30AM



Breakfast 9.40AM

  • started the day with this which was a lovely treat, on the table there are some little rabbits with carrots that my mum very kindly gave to me if anyones into that
  • thats a piece of fried bread with baked beans which was perfect
  • hashbrowns (first time i've had them in about 8 years and they were nice)
  • some bacon
  • and blackpudding, I know lots of people like their blackpudding fried but it isn't my sort of thing


thats a plum pudding/tart kind of thing that my mum made for after dinner, it was lovely


theres some fairy cakes with green buttercream icing on top that I made, made them in muffin sized cases which seems to make all the difference




Dinner 6.45PM
  • dinner was roast chicken, with a bit of skin there, this was especially nice today
  • broccoli
  • swede and carrot mash
  • yorkshire puddings
  • and roast potatoes
  • and theres one roast parsnip in there




theres after gravy


7 comments:

Terra Shield said...

I'm very thankful for the time difference between our countries because it is a tad bit too early to be feeling hungry.

The food looks good... :)

Me said...

Those are some hardy good eats!

i want one so badly said...

thanks very much for the comments both

Terra, is there some kind of standard breakfast when you're in malaysia?

i'm embarassed to say my only food experience from malaysia comes from Carveth Well's 6 years in the malay jungle where he seems to eat his weight in mangos whilst a strange chinese chef boils chickens for him - I know that sounds terrible sorry

I suppose if 1900s accounts of english cookery still stood strong today we'd be having a fry up and then a roast dinner (oh wait haha)

Terra Shield said...

Standard breakfast here can mean anything... for instance people who have breakfast at home usually grab bread and butter and maybe tea or coffee, then there are those who go through the elaborate process of turning yesterdays leftovers into today's breakfast, for instance cooking chinese style fried rice, and then there's also a few types of indian breads and curries which go well with tea... the choices are endless!

i want one so badly said...

that sounds wonderful - especially having a curry for breakfast, apparently thats how they were eaten by queen victoria (thats what the TV told me anyway)

I don't fancy bread and butter mutch but fried rice for breakfast would suit me perfectly - thanks very much

dj said...

I'm not feeling the raw black pudding, but otherwise a hearty easter breakfast. We had salmon with loads of veg, and then a series of great puddings from my mother.

i want one so badly said...

nah, loads of people aren't into raw black pudding

if I had to eat 30 pieces of black pudding, i'd want 6-8 of them to be cooked

the salmon sounds wonderful, I can't have a lot of it but a little salmon is one of the nicest things and I know your mother in law's puddings are the stuff (you got it made there)