Saturday 14 February 2009

friday's post

on friday I got up at about 8.15AM and later I went to an event with something to do with youth elections with a friend

Breakfast 8.20AM

  • I couldn't tell you exactly what the cereal is called, but its a special K one with some freeze dried blackcurrants, blackberries and I think blueberries in it but I never seem to get a full bowl with all these different fruits in it - it was very nice, much sweeter and it tasted a load better than just special K flakes that can be a bit of a trial to eat

Lunch 1.10PM (second bit was approx 5.40PM)

  • I started with some asda smart price orange juice, and it was wonderful, its hard to describe the taste, its like they take all the appealing factors from tropical fruit juice but keep a strong orange juice flavour without it being acidy, i'm looking forward to having this more often
  • I then had some carrot sticks which were nice but a bit thickly cut
  • after that I tried to have my rice, which looked lovely but I didn't have a spoon
  • after that I had two little brownies which were heaven, I tried to save them but I couldn't and I ended up eating them really quickly
  • when I got home, I had some wonderful strawberry chocolate buttons from ireland that my mum got as a present, they taste wonderful albeit overly sweet, they are a nice pink colour too

  • after this, at the youth parliment thing I had some little cakes they were offering, I had a mini cream eclair which was nice, but they aren't really my thing
  • I also had a little, and I mean very little, triangle of strange chocolate cake, very sticky and not as sweet as it looked - it was still nice though, like a thin layer of actual cake, then loads of chocolate related cream and stuff, and a chocolate curl which was nice, I then walked around town with chocolate on my lips for about an hour (I told you it was sticky)
  • I bought some more of those polish snacks on the way home, I got these about half palm sized biscuits which taste absolutely amazing (I will post more on these later) they were chocolate coated, inside you got a layer of crispy biscuit, chewy biscuit, then a combination of nuts, crispy little bits and raisins all in one biscuit and none of the raisins were bad and gritty either, these really are special

Dinner 7.35PM

  • for dinner we had meatloaf, there was gravy, it was a lot thinner than usual but still alright - I put a little salt on the meatloaf and without thinking, a bit of pepper too
  • with that there was some mashed potatoes, my mum kept saying she made them lumpy but I thought they were very nice, I put a fair bit of salt on these but not a great deal of pepper
  • also we had some cabbage which was nice with a fair bit of salt and pepper on it
  • after that I had a very fresh tasting banana

Snacks 8.40PM+

  • I finished off the bag of those strawberry buttons, some of them tasted a bit rich and sharp but the aftertaste did really taste like strawberries which was wonderful

No comments: