Friday 27 February 2009

tuesday's post, pancake day

on tuesday I got up at about 1PM (all times will be estimates until I can catch up fully)

Breakfast


  • nope I didn't have anything for breakfast

Lunch 2.45PM


  • for lunch I had my normal school lunch, sadly it was still influenced by the smell in the fridge
  • I had my rice which was kind of ok
  • after that I tried to have some orange juice but I couldn't stomach the smell so I didn't have any
  • I had a bite of the scone but it tasted very malty which was a shame, its not really anyones fault

Dinner 6.45PM


  • for dinner we had some lamb, it was kind of sweet and had some onions and mushrooms on top of it in a kind of sweet oily sauce which was nice
  • with that there was some mash potato
  • and some cabbage, I started to eat the cabbage first so I could spread out the meat and mix the onions with the mash, but I started to mix the mash with the cabbage which was perfect
  • after that my mum made some pancakes - she makes them different to me, I tend to try and make american type pancakes (I suppose I do, i'm never sure) which I make quite small and thick using butter in the pan - she makes what I think of as english pancakes, thin speckled things that take loads of flavours really well, she cooks them using oil, this makes them lovely and crisp on one side, and kind of soft but not gooey on another side, they were wonderful, I had loads of sugar on most of mine, and tried a bit of lemon juice on a couple of them but I don't think it is for me

Snacks 9.20PM

  • for a snack I had some jelly sweets from the natural confectionery company and they were brilliant, all gummy stuff, some dinosaurs, maybe snakes too - they are wonderful because they are actually very soft and gummy, they aren't hard and waxy and horrible, really looking forward to having these again


No comments: