Wednesday 4 February 2009

wednesday's post

today I got up at about 2.50PM, I tried getting up at normal time but I really felt terrible for some reason

Breakfast

  • nope, I didn't have anything

Lunch

  • nothing again, but I really think I should have had something because I felt quite light headed, I was planning to have my lunch after dinner but I never really got round to it

Dinner 7.05PM

  • for dinner we had the usual pataks chicken curry, it was very nice, my mum usually cooks this but my dad did this time - we had run out of yoghurt so he used some almond stuff instead to thicken it up, I can't say that you could really taste the almonds, but the whole curry tasted sweeter and more intense, i'm not sure but I think I might like it better with almonds
  • we had that on some normal white rice
  • and some garlic naan bread, that was a lot bigger than usual which is always a plus
  • I then had a very good banana

Snacks 8.40PM+

  • my mum was making cakes today for an office party, one was a chocolate fudge cake which is my all time favourite cake and reminds me very much of anything she cooks, because it was for the party I couldn't have any but luckily a bit fell off in the cake pan so I had it - it was perfect, firm and almost crisp on the outside but instantly moist and spoungey on the inside, I spent ages trying to get as much off the pan as possible
  • also, before that I 'helped with the washing up' by having the left over mix from the bowl, which was lovely
  • I then had a little taster of what the cake would taste like from a few broken bits with a little of the chocolate butter cream on top and it was amazing, I just hope the party is canceled so she brings the cake back home

2 comments:

dj said...

I had Pataks chicken curry last night, funnily enough, with brown rice, microwaved sag aloo and onion bhajis. The wife made it. It was nice, but a little watery, I think she put too much in.

i want one so badly said...

sounds much more adventurous than our curry - what did you think of sag aloo? I googled it to see what it was and lets just say, I wouldn't eat it at age 10, and I probably wouldn't now.

That sounds really stupid though, it wouldn't exist if it wasn't nice, but spinach and softish potatoes aren't ususally my thing

the onion bhajis sound wonderful, we need to make some of those one day