Sunday 8 February 2009

sunday's post

today I got up at about 11.15AM and went out, it was a good day but i'm still feeling a tad under the weather

Breakfast

  • nope, I didn't have anything for breakfast

Lunch 1.35PM (approx, not near clock)

  • for lunch we went to eat, I managed to get the last falafel wrap which was brilliant - it seemed to have a bit more sauce than usual which suits me
  • after that we went to tesco and had a look in the international section and got some stuff, one of the things we got was some polish wafer biscuit things, and they're absolutely amazing double layered vanilla wafers, a whole packet for only 55p - I had about 3-4 wafers after lunch

Dinner 6.45PM

  • dinner was roast lamb which was very nice, I put a fair bit of mint sauce on this
  • with that we had some nice roast potatoes, I ended up putting just a little mint sauce on these
  • I also had some yorkshire puddings, my mum also gave me one of hers, I don't think there was much mint sauce on these at all
  • with that there were a lot of carrots, which I always like, I put a little mint sauce on these
  • also there were a lot of peas which I really really enjoy at the moment, I put a bit more mint sauce on these than the carrots, but I mixed them together anyway
  • edit: I also had three brussel sprouts that I had completely forgotten about, they weren't really too bad at all, I think i'm warming to them
  • I also put quite a bit of gravy on everything, but not too much
  • my mum made a pudding today, it was like a big bakewell tart, probably the best pudding/pie thing that shes ever done, she used plum jam with it, the plums are from her friend's garden and she made the jam her self so it was wonderfully sweet but not acidy tasting at all - it was a pastery layer, then moving into a soft but not sticky moist layer, then the jam, then a cakey layer, then into some soft bit then a crunchy top with almond bits on top which was perfect for me

Snacks 8.50PM+

  • tonight I had some of that polish stuff, I will check the names of the wafers because they really are special and even better for the price - I had about 1/4 of a packet, leaving a packet for tomorrow
  • I then had a piece of the plum pie thing which was amazing (it was also served cold at dinner too, I think its better like this) which leaves some for tomorrow if no-one gets to it first
  • we also got some polish crisps today, they are also good value, about £1.72 or something and you get a big bag suited to about 4-5 big servings, they were cheese and onion flavoured and crinkle cut - they were very nice and not too sharp at all, worth getting again but I don't think I want to have something greasy like crisps regularly as a snack because I really hate the feeling on my fingers

No comments: