Tuesday 17 February 2009

sunday's post

on sunday I got up at about 3.05PM and had quite a nice relaxed day

Breakfast

  • nah, I didn't have anything

Lunch

  • I didn't have any kind of meal, but I did have a few of the vanilla polish wafers which were absolutely lovely

Dinner 6.30PM

  • for dinner we had roast pork, and it was wonderful, really interesting pork, much heavier than usual with incredibly flavourful fat, kind of full meaty distinctive flavour - with this I had a fair bit of crab apple jelly, but not as much as the last time I had roast pork
  • with that I had some crackling which is always nice
  • there was also some roast potatoes
  • some yorkshire puddings
  • and some peas which I really can't get enough of with a good bit of gravy
  • with some carrots
  • and cabbage
  • on all of this I put quite a bit of gravy, maybe even a bit too much but it was very nice gravy
  • after that I had a very good banana

Snacks 5.30PM+

  • tonight we finished off my dad's valentines day chocolate from thortones which were all very nice, but especially the ones with that chocolate creamy praline stuff inside them
  • at the moment we have loads of snacks so it feels like christmas, I keep trying to get through loads each night but I don't like feeling full so I usually stop at that point

2 comments:

dj said...

I am rather partial to roast pork. Recently we have moved into my parents in law's house, so will get a roast dinner every sunday. I'm rather happy about this.

i want one so badly said...

that sounds perfect, if I knew any in law jokes i'd be telling them right now but I don't so wot

tried an amazing piece of roast pork from london, neighbours gave us this amazing historical breed piece of pig that they got from a chef friend to say thanks for something and it was absolutely amazing. I'm not trying to make a comment on london and its pig selection, but you can take it that way if you want.