Sunday 8 February 2009

saturday's post

on saturday I got up at about 1.00PM to have a go at making crisps, I have tried it before in the microwave but thought I could do a much better job in the oven, I was wrong, it took me 4 potatoes to make about 6 crisps (I only ate about 10 actual crisps through the production process as well)

Breakfast

  • nope, I didn't have anything

Lunch

  • at lunch time I was trying to make those crisps, I ate a good bit of potato that didn't want to crisp up, but nothing else

Dinner 6.45PM

  • for dinner my dad wanted to have a go at using a cut of pork that jamie oliver was talking about on the tv, so we had neck fillet steak - it tastes really interesting, he used the flavour shaker on this one and it had a really varied detailed taste, it tasted peppery as you first tasted it (it had a lot of black pepper corns on it) but then it tasted kind of rich and sweet like curry which was wonderful
  • with that he did some green beans with a small amount of onions and tomatoes over them which was very nice
  • there was also a normal sized packet's worth of walkers ready salted crisps, these were quite nice and I don't think I have much of a problem with crisps if I can wash my hands properly afterwards
  • I also had a slice of bread from the deli bread which was very nice, I dipped it in quite a bit of salt and pepper (didn't add much salt to the meal)
  • I also had a little of that saved over tomato and onion salad that I didn't like a couple of nights ago, it was alright, it had a bit of oil on it this time
  • I then had a nice banana

Snacks 9.35PM+

  • first I had my lunch from earlier, which was a macaroon, this is the first time i've ever had a macaroon and I think it was very nice, it was soft, and satisfyingly tacky without getting gooey and sticky, which was wonderful, it had some almond flakes on top of it which was very nice - I think i'd have one again
  • with that I had a bottle of fentiman's dandelion and burdock which was wonderful, I have always liked this drink because its always nice whereas their ginger beer can be muddy tasting sometimes

No comments: