Sunday 15 February 2009

saturday's post

on saturday I got up at about 10.35AM and went to town

Breakfast

  • nope, I didn't have anything

Lunch 2.00PM (approx, not near a clock)

  • today I tried something different from eat today, a mexican chicken wrap, and I really don't think i'd have it again - the chicken wasn't terrible, it was alright, better than subways, the sweetcorn in it was nice, I even liked the beans in it and I don't usually like anything like lentils but then I got to a giant lump of sauceless salad, it was that bitter strong tasting lettuce that i'm just not into, then I tasted something that was incredibly cheesey which sadly really put me off
  • a while after that we went and got some sarsaparilla, mine wasn't very fizzy but it was still wonderful
  • after that we went to tesco and got a vanilla slice each, and it really was wonderful - its like they take the soft wonderful sticky pastry base from a danish and make it into some kind of well, having some kind of vanilla cream on the inside of the pastry, then some kind of incredibly sweet vanilla custard in the middle of the well which was perfect, and I don't even like custard (i'm really enjoying baked stuff from tescos)

Dinner 6.40PM

  • dinner was wonderful, my dad did some rare cooked steak, cut up into pieces showing the lovely colour in the middle, on top of some red peppers and onions which were perfect, I didn't add any salt or pepper and it was still lovely
  • with that on my plate there were a few lettuce leaves, I ate these first so I could eat the rest without hot and cold clashing
  • there were also some salt and pepper kettle chips which were very nice
  • and I also had two pieces of bread from the deli, one of them I had without any salt and pepper, and on my other one I put a little salt and pepper on it
  • I had one of those little glasses of warre's warrior port as well, I quite like this, as i've said before, its like a warm left out wine that somehow got better
  • I then had a very nice banana

Snacks 8.35PM+

  • first I had a small tube of jelly bean factory jelly beans which were wonderful, maybe not as easy to tell what the flavours were as they are with jelly belly jelly beans, but these taste a load better generally
  • after that I had a bowl of wonderful bombay mix and a little bit of another mix, it all tasted wonderful and had a more varied taste than normal mixes and also had a lot of lentil sugar
  • I then had a few of those polish crunchy chewy things, they're called Jutrzenka Jezyki, but i'll post more about them later
  • I then had 4 glasses, two cans worth of banks mild, it was lovely and I still think banks is the nicest cheaper drinkable beer
  • I then had one of my dad's valentine chocolates from thorntones (I didn't get him them, don't worry, my mum did) which was very nice but thorntones generally is

No comments: