Monday 5 January 2009

monday's post

so I got up at about 11.05AM today after going to bed far too late (early tonight because its school tomorrow, going to make a real effort to get there on time, going to keep on my feet from when I get up to when I get to school so I can't possibly fall asleep again)

Breakfast

  • nope, didn't have any breakfast but I did have a couple of little jelly sweets from my sweet shop mix

Lunch

  • didn't have any lunch as such, but I finished off the last handful of sweets from the mix, the real surprise of the thing was a peppermint mojo - i'd never tried these before and it was incredibly special, like the perfect sweet and mint mixed, i'm going to get a bag of these in the next few weeks I think

Dinner 6.40PM

  • for dinner we had beef stew which was a welcome change, it was pieces of nice beef (none of them too irony tasting)
  • some of my mum's dumplings
  • some carrots
  • some pieces of well done soft potato (I don't really like soft potato but it was still alright)
  • and some spring greens
  • I put a fair bit of salt and pepper on everything but it was this lo-salt which is extremely frustrating because of its strong taste and fine texture, it means I always put too much on because I can't get a mild even coating with the bloody stuff
  • after that I started to have a banana but after half a finger tip amount I noticed it had blue bruising on it, snapping it in half I found that the inside was like a kind of red wood kind of thing, mostly hollow too - this is the second banana i've ever had like this and i'm very interested in finding out what causes it. I'm thinking it must be some kind of disease to the banana plant, maybe something to do with insects using the plants to hatch their young? I don't know, i'm going to read up on it

Snacks 8.00PM+

  • I had a bit of a snack blow out, this being my last night of freedom before school, I started with some lovely chocolate coins, I love these so much because the chocolate changes taste so much with every coin but still remains kind of nutty and creamy
  • we then had some of my christmas green and blacks chocolate, which was orange with rocks of crunchy gingerbread in it - this was wonderful, I usually dislike chocolate with bits in but when the dark orange chocolate has melted away the gingerbread remains crunchy to eat which is a wonderful treat

2 comments:

dj said...

That Green and Blacks was superb, the missus bought me some.

i want one so badly said...

oh god yeah tell me about it, I think they're the only brand that can make chocolate with stuff in properly