Tuesday 20 January 2009

sunday's post

on sunday I got up at about 11.40AM and set my self up for a serious revision session (I had a long bath which took up most my time)

Breakfast

  • nah, I didn't have anything, I had two of those little coconut cakes at about midday but no actual breakfast

Lunch 2.05PM

  • for lunch I asked my dad to make me something so i'd have enough energy to properly focus later on in the afternoon, so he very kindly made me some carrots and peas with pesto which was lovely
  • I also finished off the coconut cakes after this, and they really were a strange kind of nice - its like you wouldn't go to the sweet shop and buy a bag of them, but a few after lunch is a very nice thing

Dinner 7.05PM

  • for dinner we had roast chicken, the chicken was lovely but I think I might have put too much salt on it
  • there was also a bit of chicken skin on the side of my plate which was a real treat
  • some roast potatoes
  • two yorkshire puddings
  • some broccoli
  • some carrots
  • and a few brussel sprouts, I didn't really warm to these as much as I did over christmas, I don't think i'm meant to like them too much
  • there was also a small amount of what I think were spring greens, but it could have just been something with the broccoli
  • there was some extra gravy so I gave in and had loads and loads of the stuff, now this was a very bad idea I think because it made everything very filling and warm tasting
  • I also ended up putting a lot of salt and pepper on everything (I don't really don't know why I did this)
  • I also tried bread sauce again - this is another thing that i'm really not sure on, I put it mostly on my vegetables and my roast potatoes, I think i'll have it again but I still don't know if I like it
  • after that my mum gave me two roast potatoes
  • and a yorkshire pudding that she couldn't finish which was very nice of her
  • I then had a banana, it looked perfect but tasted kind of funny

Snacks 8.50PM+

  • all I had tonight was some of that bournville dark chocolate which was very nice but i'm still wondering if they've changed the recipe of that stuff

6 comments:

dj said...

I didn't used to like bread sauce, but now Xmas wouldn't be Xmas without it. Persevere, my good man.

i want one so badly said...

I think i'm going to have to, soon my only meal will be brussel sprouts, fried eggs with a nice thick coating of bread sauce

did you eat sauces as a child? I only went for dry stuff at a young age

dj said...

No, I didn't start liking sauces til I was older either. I'm shocked that I used to have chips like every other day as a kid, and be happy with salt and pepper, wheras now I'd want mayo and another sauce bare minimum.

i want one so badly said...

tell me about it, I was one of those kids who'd refuse to eat or try most stuff - this worried good old mum and dad so I ended up having chips a lot (no complaining here) and the only thing that really ever made it onto them was salt or maybe some red sauce

I still love a good bit of salt as you know. My dad got me eating by making food more special and making me more jealous of the kind of stuff they were eating. He'd make up a little menu of the stuff I did like, making little portions until I decided that I wanted to try something new.

Are you a cooking man or does your wife handle most of it? When i'm married i'll probably get one of my many wives to serve up some battered sasuage for when I come through the door, and i'm not even trying to be dirty here

dj said...

I cook at the weekends usually, she cooks at the weekend; I'm kinda better than the wife. There's nothing like your wife cooking a really good meal for you though, although I'm like a back seat cook: I tell her what she should put in the food all the time, it pisses her off so much.

i want one so badly said...

haha sounds about right dj, backseat cooking is probably the best method - all the control and none of the work

I've never found two people that cook in the same kind of way, my mum can make an amazing roast dinner, and apparently my grandmother could at one point but shes addicted to using all these different gadgets like buying steamers off the market that make the veg taste funny.

In the end of the day its not really important, i'm more interested in peoples' eating habits than anything else. I'm not sure how to describe it, but theres something that really interests me about how people feel about what they eat and why they eat it.