Monday 12 January 2009

sunday's post

I got up at about 10.35AM on sunday and had some really nice stuff to eat, it reminded me of christmas

Breakfast

  • nope, I didn't have anything but I kept thinking about having one of those brilliant spearmint chews

Lunch 4.50PM (approx, not near a clock)

  • we ate so late because going round town, we found that all our normal eat places were closed so we had to go to a bigger one
  • after the disappointment of seeing both the flea market, a few other shops and even the sweet shop closed (needed to get more of those wonderful spearmint chews) I felt I needed to pull out all the stops for lunch (and there wasn't any falafel anyway) so I had a peking duck wrap, it was lovely with lots of spring onion but these are very soft, I think I should have tried a mexican chicken wrap
  • I also went for a nice big chocolate chip cookie, it was really expensive and not as good as a tesco cookie but it was still worth it

Dinner 7.15PM

  • we had roast lamb for dinner which was wonderful and warming, the lamb was perfect too
  • with that there was some roast potatoes
  • some yorkshire puddings
  • and a mix of spring greens
  • and kale, the mix of the two of them tasted a bit weird, kind of like spinach
  • on that I put a fair amount of gravy
  • and loads of wonderful mint sauce, mainly on my meat but I made sure some made it to the veg as well
  • after this I had a perfect banana
  • then my mum got out some more of her stuff that she got given from belgium, they were these little fingernail sized round biscuits that looked like amaretti biscuits but tasted like wonderfully light little bits of crunchy ginerbread with loads of different nutty, spicy flavours in little bites
  • and I tried port properly for the first time, I had about half of one of those funny little glasses worth of Warre's Warrior, it was surprisingly very nice and I liked it a lot more than any scotch i've ever had, it tasted like what wine should taste of if wine was hot - it wasn't off puttingly strong and it didn't have like a burning aftertaste, it was just hot and spicey whilst tasting like a really nice and deep red wine kind of flavour

Snacks 8.45PM+

  • I first had some of those lovely little ginger bread biscuits
  • a few very nice chocolate gingers
  • I also had my saturday lunch, which was wonderful - it was a nice slice of perfect carrot cake with no bad bits in it
  • and a fentiman's ginger beer which wasn't too muddy at all

No comments: