Sunday 25 January 2009

saturday's post

I got up at about 8.20AM on saturday to go take pictures of a very good friend on his downhill bike, it was brilliant and really opened me up to the passion of photography again

Breakfast

  • nope, didn't have anything at all, just wanted to focus on getting there on time

Lunch 2.00PM (approx, not near a clock)

  • for lunch we went to the chippy, I had wonderful battered sausage and chips, it was the perfect thing to warm me up
  • a few hours later my friend kindly gave me a flapjack when he came to pick up the photos it was nice and sugary

Dinner 6.40PM

  • dinner was something i've been asking to have for months now - my dad used to do it a lot but got annoyed thinking he could never do it properly, its crispy pieces of fried pork, they were really nice and a great treat even if they weren't as crispy as he would like - they have a pleasing light taste that lets any seasoning and a lovely fatty taste come through, on these I could taste something really nice and sweet like soy sauce and the smallest amount of fishy taste I guess again from the soy, which was perfect
  • I had that on top of some beansprouts
  • with stuff like fried onions
  • spring onions and some very tiny mushrooms
  • and some broccoli in it
  • this was all very nice, and I ended up adding a bit more light soy to mine, trying to avoid overloading the meal with it
  • there were also slices of bread from the deli, I had about 3 slices, starting with cleaning my plate with one and ending up dipping the others in salt and pepper like I usually do
  • I then had a very nice banana

Snacks 8.40PM+

  • I started with some very nice aldi dark chocolate which always tastes different with each square, this whole bar mainly had a funny musty nutty taste that I really like, its duller than bournville so it doesn't hang about in your mouth when its not wanted
  • I also had a can of red devil energy drink, because they were two for £1 when I was out, I love red devil and I think its the only energy drink i've ever had, its got an incredible taste and smell, kind of like if humans forgot what strawberries and raspberries were, and we then tried to re-make them - I think how fizzy it is seems to change from can to can, this wasn't too fizzy at all, fizzier than a fentiman's drink, but not as fizzy as a pepsi which was really nice, probably perfect

4 comments:

dj said...

Interesting to see you thinking of changing your lunch.

We have pretty much established a set routine for Sunday lunch now: tuna salad, fresh bread from Sainsburys, Sensations crisps and onion flavour houmous. Yesterday, after we went out to Zizzi's and Tate Modern, we ate it for dinner. There wasn't even any discussion about it.

So perhaps my firm belief in my varied diet is basically just BS.

i want one so badly said...

sounds like the way to go, thats perfect if its what you're into - I think with something like tuna you can have it constantly for about 2 years before you really want a change. I want to say something profound about eating to a routine, but I can't think of a single thing apart from I love houmous

I always say the varied diet thing, completely false for me apart from the exotic addition of battered sausage. I think what it is for me really is a fairly balanced diet, I do have different things but its rare that a new thing will enter the mix.

What do you think of tate modern? I've never really thought much of it because nothing ever sticks with me when i've been there - i've only ever been in a group, I think its one of the few galleries i'd like to put some time into by my self.

Now, not that i'm a stalker (of course I am) but what did you think of Zizzi's? I hate reading menus of places that I can't really afford, I know by looking at their menu that i'd spend a month's money on their pastas alone

dj said...

I like Tate Modern, but I've seen most of it so often that going there is not particularly special, I go three times a year to see exhibitions mostly, and the main installations. I go there by myself sometimes, it's quite good that way, although I find myself trying to analyse things in a more pretentious way; when you're with your wife you just say you like that one, not that one.

Zizzi's is alright, but overpriced, if I was choosing, I;d go to a non-chain Italian. I had the four seasons pizza.

i want one so badly said...

your tastebuds are much braver than mine having that pizza, cheese and olives are yet to really become my favourites. I see what you mean about the price, I suppose its a bit steep but then again I don't know what a proper italian meal would cost - I suppose both london and birmingham are full of little places to try

something in me wants to eat out more when I start working later in the year but at the same time you hear so many horror stories about resturants - theres also the fact that I don't think many places will serve up battered sausage on demand

also, I want to say something about galleries, but I can't think of anything apart from how its like a race to go round them sometimes to point out which you like and which you don't like (saw some wonderful stuff at photofusion in brixton once, it was all by pernille koldbech fich and I think its been the only real concious inspiration in my photos/drawing)