Thursday 1 January 2009

thursday's post

on thursday I got up at about 12.20PM, today we had a strangely long (maybe 3 hours long) power cut

Breakfast

  • nothing really considering it was so late but when I came down I had a few of those little amaretti biscuits which were very nice

Lunch

  • nope, I didn't have any lunch, I was holding out for the power cut carrying on so we could have some kind of feast when the food started to go funny in the freezer (didn't happen)
  • a bit after the power came on me and my dad went down to the shops to buy some beer for tonight though

Dinner 6.45PM

  • for dinner we had a roast dinner (i'm told you're meant to have a roast on new years day but i've never heard of that before (I thought it was burns night soon, I hope we don't have haggis))
  • we had roast pork, which was a wonderful treat
  • with that we had yorkshire puddings
  • roast potatoes
  • broccoli
  • peas
  • and some really nice and sweet carrots
  • we also had some crackling with the meat
  • on my pork I put quite a bit of crab apple jelly
  • and a bit less gravy than I normally would (I know it brings out the flavours if you have less, but I do love gravy)

Snacks 7.50PM+

  • first my mum gave us all little bowls of some chocolate from the market from my grandma - it was in one of those mixed bags where things can just be mishaped or the flavours might be a bit off or mixed - lucky for me, the flavour that had gone into all of them was an incredibly sweet 'red' flavour from creamy heart shaped chocolates
  • after that I got out my haribo jelly babies - I didn't even know if I liked jelly babies but these were amazing, its brilliant to crack up the shell on them, and they aren't greasy which I like, also all the flavours make sense apart from green, whats green?
  • I also had two glasses of boddingtons bitter, which is a cans worth - this is the first time i've tried boddingtons and I don't think i'll really go for it over other beers, its head stays with it constantly which is kind of horrid and gets in the way of a beer thats kind of smooth and drinkable

---

I need to be up at 8 tomorrow so I should go to bed now

No comments: