Saturday 31 January 2009

saturday's post

today I got up at about 10.40AM and went to the cinema which was good - we saw Valkyrie, i'm not going to go on about it, but I really did enjoy seeing all the well groomed hairstyles

Breakfast

  • nah, I don't like to have anything on a saturday

Lunch 1.00PM

  • for lunch we went to subway, this was the first ever time i've ever had something from subway and it wasn't too bad, I had a sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub, I picked hearty italian as the bread and on it I had no cheese, no tomatoes, but I did have some cucumber and lettuce (I was too intimidated by the whole process to ask for gherkins, peppers and a cookie which is what I really wanted)
  • the chicken itself wasn't really up to much, it was small, and tasted kind of irony, or metally, it just generally wasn't that enjoyable of a taste, the onions weren't bad though
  • the lettuce and cucumber both tasted great, just like the stuff we have at home
  • the bread was weird, I didn't have it toasted, it was soft and felt like it shouldn't be very nice but it was lovely and I think i'd go again just for the bread and vegetables which were both perfect - I think subway as a whole was a bit expensive but i'd like to try it again (I still like eat better)
  • at about 5.30PM we went to tescos, and I tried a danish pastry for the first time and it was absolutely amazing, one of my new favourite things and I have ot have one again soon. I know everyone must know what one is so I won't go on about it, but basically it was one of the most perfect treats i've ever had
  • we then went and got some sarsaparilla, which was as good as ever and nice and sticky

Dinner 6.50PM

  • dinner was perfectly timed for when I came through the door (todays food really is going well) it was a boneless lamb chop with some onions and mushrooms on it, it all had been cooking in honey and something else very important that I have now forgotten, i'll edit this when I find out for sure, the chop was very nice and sweet anyway
  • with that I had some mashed potato which my dad mixed with a tiny bit of horseradish sauce, this was really odd to taste but I enjoyed it when compared to the sweetness of the lamb
  • then I had some green beans that had a very tiny amount of onion on them, they were wonderful because we don't often have green beans
  • I then had a banana which was really quite nice, with no bad bits

Snacks 9.10PM+

  • today I had some white chocolate jazzies (I hope the white ones are called jazzies, i'm not too sure) which were really weird, its like they took the chocolate from white mice, made it taste a bit funny but still nice - I found out no-one else likes these so I felt a bit of a bastard having bought a big bag of them, i'm probably not going to get them again

4 comments:

dj said...

I have been to Subway about six times and I have never yet had exactly what I wanted on my sub; like you, I always cave and have like lettuce and one type of sauce, and I can never remember the whole list, and just have one sauce I can recall, which is never the one I want.

i want one so badly said...

I think at least 25% of their customers must be like us - most people might just want to go in for a ham and red sauce sub. It should be a haven for picky eaters, i'm going to master subway one day.

its understandable, I got an idea in my head of other subs that i'd like to order but then I started to wonder if they really offered every sub that they list on their display?

I decided they couldn't possibly because it was such a small place, by the time I had finally ordered something I didn't want, I found my self looking at the sauces and let me say this - at least you remember one, I really wanted a sauce but I had no idea what any of them were.

I don't know if there is a culture in subway, but if there is one, its one of looking down upon newcommers who don't know the menu/sauce selections. My friend told me to order what ever I wanted, what I wanted was lots of bread, peppers, gerkins, horseradish sauce and 10 cookies and a wife.

I'm sure I could have had these things but I will never ask

dj said...

Damn straight on the culture: it's like everyone must know how the damn shop works.

i want one so badly said...

tell me about it, I hate this in so many shops and its what puts me off eating a lot of fast food.

I don't know what its like down london (us birmingham folk simple folk from simpler times) but places like macdonalds and burger king seem to have been designed by fast food experts to cater to the developing market of fast food experts.

They are stubby little buildings that you go into, and instantly you are hit by a que, and you have to look at the boards as quick as you can, because despite being given only 30 seconds to decide from a list 50 or so products, all with their own toppings deals available, you must be some kind of clueless moron if you stall for just a second to decide with size chips you'd like out of the 6 choices or if you want to know if a burger has cheese on it or not.

The one place, apart from eat where you can take your time and pick, that I feel I can take my time at is KFC. I think this is because it has a resturant outside the main city, but still closely linked to a high street.

Similar to burger king or macdonalds, its a pretty short kind of building, but the people behind the counter are always patient, chatty and clear on answering questions (I also like how they only really sell chicken and chips) and the nice woman behind the counter even felt the need to reccomend me an ice-cream flavour (I had what she reccomended and that then influenced two other people to do the same, never cross a KFC woman)

I still go to the fish and chips down the street from KFC though