Friday 30 January 2009

thursday's post

on thursday I got up at about 8.35AM and had my english exam which wasn't too bad but then again, i'm not the examiner so only time will tell

Breakfast 8.40AM

  • for breakfast I had a bowl of special k which was nice, its like a more cluttered tasting bowl of rice flakes, I had it with full fat milk which I think helps

Lunch 12.20PM

  • all I had was my carrot sticks
  • and my orange juice which tasted eggy again - I didn't have time to eat anything else, and then I forgot about the rest anyway

Dinner 6.45PM

  • dinner was amazing, a real treat, for finishing the exams my mum made fried chicken, something she hasn't done in ages
  • the chicken its self was wonderful, the skin tasted crisp but not too greasy, I don't know how to describe it, its like you'd be eating it and it'd taste like normal herbs, then you'd taste something more.. I don't know, fragrant almost, like you were tasting a special spice - the meat its self was very nice too, good and soft and juicy
  • with that she did a good load of chips, they were very nice too - shes always done chips in the same way no matter what, its like they puff up and have a batter of their own, theres always little crispy puffy bits in the bottom of the bowl too.
  • there was some tiger bread too which was wonderful, I took ages eating it and had it with a lot of salt and pepper - I also put a bit of salt, and a lot of pepper on the chips and a little bit of salt on the chicken
  • there was also a big bowl of salad which was lettuce
  • spring onion
  • tomato bits
  • and cucumber chunks in the same light oily kind of sweet dressing as before - I think we got it from jamie oliver now I think of it
  • there was also coleslaw on the table, i've always previously refused to try it before because I thought it was made of cheese (I never asked) but today I went wild and tried it, it was some fancy brand and it was absolutely amazing, I had to stop my self from eating the whole thing, it was incredibly sweet and the onion taste was so strong it was out of this world, but compared to how creamy the thing was, the onion wasn't too much, it was so wonderful and I can't wait to have it again
  • after all of this I had a banana which I spent ages eating just to taste it properly, it was probably one of the best bananas i've had in quite a while

Snacks 7.45PM+

  • I started with some banks mild, which was a wonderful treat, I had about 4-5 glasses which is about 2 cans - I think this is a really drinkable kind of beer, it tastes kind of smooth and refreshing and its so much better than boddingtons because you can drink away the head very quickly
  • after that I had a wispa bar that I had bought earlier in the day to celebrate the end of the exams, I took quite a while eating it and it was very nice

No comments: