Tuesday 27 January 2009

sunday's post

on sunday I got up at about 12.15PM and tried to get some work in

Breakfast

  • nope, I didn't have anything

Lunch 2.45PM

  • first I had my saturday lunch, which was a nearly perfect jam doughnut, it wasn't wet at all which seems to be the main problem with putting doughnuts in the fridge
  • with that I had a fentiman's orange jigger which is slowly becoming my favourite fentiman's drink now that my tescos orange juice that I have at lunch normally is starting to taste funny
  • after that I had two squares of the aldi chocolate left over from saturday night which were lovely
  • then it turned out that my mum had just finished making some scones, so I had a still kind of warm and soft scone with some margerine on it

Dinner 6.40PM

  • dinner was very nice, we had roast beef which I put a load of horseradish sauce on, enough to make my eyes water, my nose run, make me cough and send a good load of violent shivers and shocks up my spine (i'd do it all again)
  • with roast potatoes
  • yorkshire puddings
  • a mix of mashed carrot and swede that I ended up mixing with a fair bit of horseradish sauce, which I think ended up working out really well
  • some cauliflower which really wasn't too bad at all
  • with some brussel sprouts, which once again, tasted alright, I put a little horseradish sauce on these but barely any
  • over all of this I put a fairly light amount of gravy, probably a person's average portion - this wasn't by choice this time though, we actually ran out of the stuff
  • my mum then couldn't finish one of her potatoes so I had that which was lovely
  • I then had a banana which was pretty good

Snacks 9.10PM+

  • first we had some stroopwaffles, but this time my mum kindly got some from aldi - you got something like 12 in a packet and they were bigger than the ones we had from belgium, they were probably just as thick and they tasted wonderful - I don't know if this is right or not, but I seem to remember the belgium ones being a bit more buttery, whereas these were really quite caramelly
  • I then had my last can of red devil, which was a lot flatter than saturday's can but it was also a lot stronger and longer lasting with its flavour
  • I also had some more aldi dark chocolate which was very nice

No comments: