Sunday 18 January 2009

saturday's post

I got up at about 11.45AM on saturday and didn't go out because of revision which was annoying but I had the nicest lamb i've ever had before

Breakfast

  • nah, I didn't have anything

Lunch 2.15PM

  • for lunch I had a rock cake with some currants/raisins (I don't know the difference) in it and a new glace cherry on top - the rock cake its self was very nice, and so was the cherry but sadly there were quite a few more bad raisians than usual
  • I then had a bottle of fentiman's dandelion and burdock which was wonderful because I hadn't had this in such a long time, its a special taste thats a lot more of a treat than dr.pepper

Dinner 6.35PM

  • a bit before dinner I had some more of those little coconut tea cakes which i'm really warming to
  • dinner was when I had that wonderful lamb steak, it was absolutely amazing, it was kind of sweet, kind of smokey, not tough at all and certainly not bitter or metally tasting and it had a lot of flavour without being too bloody without a bone getting in the way too - I don't know how to fully describe it apart from I really really enjoyed eating it, it was so special
  • there was also some very nice salt and pepper kettle chips crisps
  • some diced lettuce in a bowl
  • and in another bowl there was some tomato salad with little bits of cucumber and onion and stuff in it which was nice
  • I then had a banana which was ok, kind of funny tasting but it looked fine

Snacks 9.10PM+

  • first we had some cadbury's bournville dark chocolate which was very nice, I think it tastes more tainted like cheaper chocolate compared to what it used to do, it just tastes less dark and more nutty and milky
  • then I had about half a bottle of wychwood's hobgoblin which is one glass worth in my favourite glass
  • I then had a glass and a little bit of wychwood's goliath beer, I used to call hobgoblin my favourite but now I can taste it back to back, goliath is so much nicer, I used to say hobgoblin has something oakey and kind of darkly fruity about it, but now its just kind of heavy and meaty, but goliath is brilliant, its like drinking something clean like that taste with rose water cookies, you can help but drink it quickly because its so refreshing without being weak and watery like lager - this is another one where its hard to get my feelings about it across, lets just say I could do with a lamb steak and a goliath right now

No comments: